Music Marketing Blog Post #2

   When we joined our teams meeting for the first time, we already knew each other pretty well, so we started working right away. I liked my group a lot because the working was smooth and we helped each other a lot but we also didn't distract ourselves which I liked a lot. We had to choose a song right of the bat. We had many ideas. Some ideas were about couples. The one that won and we all agreed with was the where the main character has two personalities. What we wanted was to have the main character have his realistic life and then the imaginary one where she imagines everything she wants in life. In this case it's wealth and she is jealous because she can't have it. The point of the small film is that the main characters real perspective is her with a drinking and drug problem. The drugs and alcohol is what makes her second perspective a reality which is her living in royalty. 

  In our video we used some hints of symbolism her and there. Some examples where the purple lights which mean royalty. The other lights/clothe are the examples of poorness and unhealthy. After we discussed the symbolism it was onto the chart. The chart divided into four parts. Each person did one case study and either history or artists/groups of our company. For the companies we chose Universal Music Company and Columbia Records. The case studies we chose where Justin Bieber and Taylor swift for Universal. For Columbia Records we chose Harry styles and Katy Perry. I was in charge of looking for the Artists/Groups for Universal and Taylor Swift. We still helped each other out and went over each others stuff and made sure everything is perfect. In my research I found many groups and artists and also found how taylor swift uses her marketing strategies to go big. The case study was one of the most helpful things and where I think I learned the most. I learned how artists use marketing and all these clever techniques like waiting dropping hints for album that's months or years away to build up anticipation. It was my job to come up with the major selling points and what we could use. The number one selling point was forsure the music video. The music video is supposed to show our personalities behind the music and also what we are all about. Then social media where me and david created a vlog where we explained what scenes we were doing. Lastly the merchandise, this makes the fans connect with us by wearing our clothe and supporting our brand. 

  When we started making the storyboard we divided it into four sections. We all did 5 scenes which made up to 20. All the pieces of the puzzle where coming into place and the storyboard helped us a lot. Then comes the making of the music video. David had to take me since I had no ride. We got there first, so we went into the liquor store and got a brown bag. The brown bag is to make the water seem like it is liquor and makes it seem like the main character is day drinking. We took around three shots. The first one was Ana walking out of walgreens but only of the feet. Then came a long shot of Ana walking to her car and drinking out of the paper bag.  Lastly, then a close shot of her drinking in the car. Now we went to Gerardo's house to shoot the fancy shots and the good/fancy parts. In gerardo's house is where we used the lights. As i explained before the lights play a huge role in symbolism and what perspective the protagonist is in. She would change into her "Royalty" clothe. Then we started to shoot the fancy shots. These were filmed in geraldo's bathroom, Anas car, and then it would switch back to reality. 

  Then came the powerpoint which was very easy and fast. It had a lot of information and everyone executed their job perfectly. I had to do mine and Gerardo's slides because he took the time to edit the project. David helped me with the graphics on the merchandise and the website was all him which looked amazing. When we started to present I thought we were solid everyone said their part well and with confidence. 

This project taught me many things that will not only help me in this class but the future. I really liked my group. We worked very hard and everything went so smoothly. There were no conflicts and our ideas fit well together. This project taught me the value of teamwork and how important it is in life. The presentation gave me confidence. I started of a bit shaky but then when I got the flow it all came so naturally. This project will help me in many ways in my cambridge portfolio like experience and it gets me more used to evaluating myself.

Comments

Popular Posts